This morning, I was feeling a bit of remorse about how few fall-related things my boyfriend and I have done so far this season. But on reviewing the list, we’ve actually done pretty well!
- Bake all the pumpkin things! I’ve only made bread so far, and it was actually a bit of a catastrophe (the bread felt done and a toothpick was even coming out mostly clean, but when I turned it out, it just melted. Totally not done. Oops.) I’ll make more pumpkin things, so I’m fine with this progress.
- Carve a pumpkin. DONE. I did Colonel Squashbuttle, the mister did a Drunkin and my roommate made an awesome flamey-faced one.
- Visit the orchard. DONE. We got about $9 worth of apples of various varieties, mostly Cortland.
- Bake all the apple things! I made fritters, then froze the rest of the apples. I’m sure I’ll make more things with them.
- Feast! We’ve made a few great autumny dinners. Of note, we went to my parents’ house and did a glazed spiral-cut ham, stuffing, au gratin potatos and glazed carrots.
- Fire? My parents build the most amazing-smelling fire in their fireplace while we cooked the feast. So double wonderful.
- Take in all of autumn’s splendor. Well, if autumn would get on the ball, perhaps we would. The leaves have just barely begun changing, which is a bit off-schedule for this area. I’m sure they’ll turn and be on the ground in the blink of an eye, though.
How are you doing on your fall must-do list?
Leave a Reply