Another month, another Glam Bag. The August theme was Endless Summer, which the GlamTeam took to mean “don’t ever look old”. Fair enough, MyGlam.
The bag was neon orange mesh with a neon pink zipper. I was raised to react with horror to that color combination. But it’s a nice little bag. I’m starting to feel like a lot of other Glammies: these will be great at Christmas.
Let’s go with my order of excitement for this bag:
– Demeter Fragrance Roll on Perfume Oil in Clean Skin – Finding out Demeter was going to be in MyGlam was amazing for me. SO EXCITE. I was hoping to get the other fragrance–dragonfruit–but this is lovely and admittedly probably more wearable for me. It smells like a clean baby to me. Light hint of baby powder, a little skin muskiness, a whiff of a lullaby. The site describes it as “Clean Skin is a blend of orange, lemon, white rose, bergamot peach and vanilla, making the perfect shower-fresh scent.” But I don’t pick up on that so much… maybe a hint of the bergamot and vanilla. With MyGlam, I get a 20% off discount at Demeter, and I’ll cash that in. If you’re not familiar with Demeter, you’re missing out. The roller perfume isn’t really a sample size, but it’s definitely not their full size product. This size is $10 in itself.
– Circus by Andrea’s Choice in Ringmaster – I hope this isn’t what wrecked my nails last time. The color is great. It’s a bright neon pink, deep and IN YO FACE. The polish is a bit thin, which is disappointing because the white was thick and took two coats for glory. Two coats of this and I can still see the white of my nails. Still, it’s a nice polish with a smooth matte finish. And it doesn’t flake off. Full size product.
– Eclos Cellular Activator System & Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream – I’m always so skeptical about these products. Plant stem cells are going to get rid of my fine lines? Fat chance. Still, this stuff smells nice–spicy, vaguely hippie–and a little goes a long way. I’ve been using it in the morning to see if I notice any difference. I won’t hold my breath. Sample size on both products.
– MyGlam Lipgloss – This was a “bonus” item, as a thank you for our support or whatever. I was excited to see they’d developed their own lipgloss, and I popped it on without reading the box. It smells faintly of watermelon, but tastes oily. It’s a little sticky, like every lipgloss ever. In the bottle, it’s very pink, but that color doesn’t translate. But then I read the box. Whomp whomp. Parabens, mineral oil and nothing that would indicate what was causing the smell. Full sized.
– SALTY Cosmetics Eye dust in Glama-ZOID – Meh. I put this on and I’m totally meh about it. The color appears to be white, but it’s got a bit of shimmer. On, it goes on faintly pinkish plum. I applied two layers without primer and it’s pretty minimal still. On me, it looks more purple, though the site said it would look more pink. Whatever. It was clumpy in the container and tricky to even apply. A lot of fallout. They charge $4 for this gram sample size. NOPE.
Good value this month. It’s not MyGlam’s fault I’m a hater; I definitely see how someone else would’ve been over the moon with this bag. I’ve been meaning to invest in a morning skincare routine, anyway, so cool. I’ve been moaning about how I can’t wear perfume for sneezing everywhere, and the combination of Clean Skin and Eclos and the Nume conditioner from last month is a wonderful substitute. I smell a little hippie, though.
Leave a Reply