A friend’s Facebook post spurred me to consider what it is in life that a WANT. Aside from summer nights filled with fireflies and the occasional ice cream sandwich, what is it that I want from my life?
- I want to have a home where friends can pop over any time. I want to live in the sort of place that everyone wants to hang out in because it’s so relaxing and lovely. I want to be a hostess. Because
- I want to have the sort of friends who want to pop over. And I want to be the sort of friend who can maintain pop-over relationships.
- I want to be in love. Not just with my significant other, but with so many aspects of my life that I simply get overwhelmed sometimes with gratitude and happiness.
- I want to be a wonderful partner. I want to maintain a loving relationship that is balanced, fair and free of unrealistic expectations. I want to give.
- I want to grow vegetables. Maybe some fruits.
- I want to laugh as freely and as often as I already do for the rest of my life.
- I want to forgive myself for how I reacted to the things that happened to me, for the things that I’ve done and for the things that I tolerated others doing to me. I want to forgive them, too.
- I want to apologize less.
- I want to offer gratitude more.
- I want to look back on today and be glad that things happened exactly as they did because I’ve learned something from it and made all the best choices I could’ve made at the time.
Leave a Reply